16 Best Places to Visit in Catalonia
Catalonia located in the northeast of Spain is very popular for the Mediterranean Sea, beautiful Costa Brava resort near beaches and the impressive Pyrenees mountains. There are four provinces of Catalonia, that are, Barcelona, which is the capital of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain, Tarragona, Girona, and Lleida.
The best places of Catalonia:
- The Mediterranean Sea, at Barcelona: Barcelona is the second largest glamorous city in Spain, it is best known as the Mediterranean city because of having Mediterranean Sea and a crowded urban area. It is a renowned city for the National Museum of Catalan Art and Picasso museum and delicious cuisine.
- Heritage site, Garrotxa: This heritage town is no doubt the best preserved and interesting medieval composite of Roman Bridge in Catalonia. You can even spend your whole day in exploring all the hiddenparts of this town.
- Seashore village, Cadaques: It is near the Cap de Crues Natural Park, on the coastline of Costa Brava.It looks like a pearl city due to the whitewashed houses all around. Tourists usually spend few days here as it gives a feel of living in a paradise.
- Historical place, Tarragona: Tarragona city is popularly known for its historical Roman monuments, lively beaches and for the classic seafood. It is 100 km from Barcelona. It has a prominent beach Playa del Milagro.
- Girona, a medieval city: Girona is rich in its preserved Roman culture heritage. This town was built near the bank of Onyar River surrounded by colorful houses.
- Golden beaches of Sitges: Tourists visit this place because of the never seen golden beaches. This town has a Blue Flag beach which is best for swimming. Here the resorts are famous for golf courses and yacht marina.
- Alt Emporda: This town has very beautiful celestial landscape of wild sea with Rocky Mountains. It is referred as Catalonia’s highest point in the east. It is near the Cadaques village.
- Church site, Bergueda: This is an amazing place because of its location as it is near the Llobregat River. Also famous for two Roman churches, Sant Vicenc and Santa Maria.
- Roses, Greek town: Roses is a town in the mid of mountains and sea popular for the ancient colonies of the Greek. This is an adventurous place to enjoy water sports activities.
- Natural scenery, Banyoles: The natural beauty of Banyoles is 121 km from Barcelona.This town is near the lake that gives an iconic view.
- Embalse de Talarn: A dam that supplies a hydroelectric station formed this charming lake surrounded by pine trees and famous for camps and fishing.
- Seu d’Urgell: This town is in the mid of Andorra Pyrenees and Catalonia mountains, located in the Lleida province. Popular for the Roman cathedral influencedby Italian culture.
- Olot, a peaceful town: From Barcelona, it is 112 km, situated in the foothills of Pyreene. It has a peaceful environment where you can experience the traditional life of Catalans.
- Besalu: This medieval town is famous for the ancient churches and monuments, including the Sant Julia church, Monastery of Sant Pere and others.
- Charming town, Vic: It 72km from Barcelona, situated near the banks of Meder River. Well-known for the Episcopal museum and medieval cathedral.
- Pla de I’Estany: You can’t miss this wonderful and largest lake in Catalonia, where you can easily connect to yourself.
Come to Catalonia, a must visit place to disconnect yourself with the world, enjoy the photographic places here and catch them in your eyes permanently.